Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'phunky72'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home2/phunky72/public_html/wp-content/themes/babyrecipes-org/single-article.php on line 128
Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home2/phunky72/public_html/wp-content/themes/babyrecipes-org/single-article.php on line 128
Avoid a Sore Bottom for Your Baby!
The skin on your baby’s bottom is more sensitive because it is thinner and softer than yours, so irritation or damage from ‘nappy contents’ can happen easily – and surprisingly quickly if the nappy is left unchanged for too long.
And if your baby has a really sensitive bottom, just being enclosed tightly with no room for air to circulate can cause redness that can soon become soreness – particularly in baby’s creases.
- Check baby’s nappy often and change it as soon as you can – even if you are using disposable nappies that are designed to draw fluid away from the skin. If the nappy is soiled, disposables draw fluid away leaving concentrated ‘poo’ in contact with baby’s bottom – quickly causing soreness.
- Always clean your baby’s bottom when changing a nappy. Do not use soap, just plain water and several pieces of cotton wool – wipe very gently, then pat dry.
- If baby is prone to soreness use a cream especially formulated for baby bottoms before putting on the clean nappy.
- Make sure the nappy fits snugly, but is not too tight.
- Whenever possible, give your baby some time without a nappy to allow air to freshen and dry the area. If there is soreness, make this a ‘must’ – you will be surprised at how helpful it is in healing sore areas. A good time is when baby is sleeping for a while, just make sure the mattress is protected, and lay baby on a soft, thick towel.
- Nappy-free time is also great when baby is awake. He or she will love the ‘freedom’, and will kick around happily – but protect the surface under baby, and stay nearby ready to clean-up any ‘accidents’.
This information presented to you acts as a guide which contains researched information only and is not intended to replace advice from a qualified health professional.
More about Baby Recipes
At babyrecipes.org there is lots of very useful information that is right here on our baby recipes website. There are easy to use baby food guides, making baby food and related topics to help you feed your baby with lots of care. There is a wide range of baby food information available to you which will better inform you when it comes to the health and safety of your baby. Learn about what baby food you should introduce to your baby and at what age. Find out more about what the benefits of individual baby food and how they can be good for your baby.
There is a great range of baby recipes for you to choose from. The baby recipes are easy to find and easy to follow with step by step instructions. When cooking food for baby you only want the best naturally. Our baby recipes provides the best food baby will need, full of nutrition and well balanced. Having a baby is an all consuming experience and this baby recipes website has been put together to help parents have a great resource to refer to as a guide or when you want to cook up tasty baby food from one of our baby recipes for your baby.