Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'phunky72'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home2/phunky72/public_html/wp-content/themes/babyrecipes-org/single-article.php on line 128
Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home2/phunky72/public_html/wp-content/themes/babyrecipes-org/single-article.php on line 128
Does Your Baby Have Hay Fever?
Hay fever – an allergy to plant pollen that is more of a problem during summer months – is quite rare in a child under 5 years of age… but it can happen.
Hay fever symptoms are usually worse in the early morning and early evening, when pollen rises on warm air. It can be mistaken for the common cold, but there is no raised temperature, and hay fever symptoms can last for several weeks.
If your baby has the allergy:
- Check the local pollen count each day (it may be published with the weather forecast during high-pollen periods), and try to keep your child indoors – especially if it is also windy.
- If your child is old enough to wear them, use wrap-around sunglasses to keep pollen from his or her eyes.
- Avoid opening windows in the house – use air-conditioning if you have it.
- When driving, keep car windows closed.
- Use a thin smear of petroleum jelly just inside baby’s nose to trap pollen before it is inhaled.
- When your child comes in after being outside, wash his or her hair, face and hands, and put on fresh clothes.
- Pollen can cling to clothes, so avoid hanging your child’s clothes outside to dry.
- Wash family pets regularly – pollen clings to fur.
To sooth symptoms, use cotton wool and cool water wipe your child’s runny eyes. Consult your doctor about using antihistamine medication, which is usually only appropriate for babies over one year old. If baby’s problems are severe case, your doctor may prescribe a steroid nasal spray.
And be aware that if your child has an allergy, he or she could be more prone to asthma.
This information presented to you acts as a guide which contains researched information only and is not intended to replace advice from a qualified health professional.
More about Baby RecipesAt babyrecipes.org there is lots of very useful information that is right here on our baby recipes website. There are easy to use baby food guides, making baby food and related topics to help you feed your baby with lots of care. There is a wide range of baby food information available to you which will better inform you when it comes to the health and safety of your baby. Learn about what baby food you should introduce to your baby and at what age. Find out more about what the benefits of individual baby food and how they can be good for your baby.
There is a great range of baby recipes for you to choose from. The baby recipes are easy to find and easy to follow with step by step instructions. When cooking food for baby you only want the best naturally. Our baby recipes provides the best food baby will need, full of nutrition and well balanced. Having a baby is an all consuming experience and this baby recipes website has been put together to help parents have a great resource to refer to as a guide or when you want to cook up tasty baby food from one of our baby recipes for your baby.