Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'phunky72'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home2/phunky72/public_html/wp-content/themes/babyrecipes-org/single-article.php on line 128
Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home2/phunky72/public_html/wp-content/themes/babyrecipes-org/single-article.php on line 128
Taking Care of Baby’s Belongings
Here are some ideas about buying baby clothes, and the best ways to launder them, so they are always clean, fresh and soft against that delicate skin. There are also ideas about caring for baby’s other belongings to be sure they are clean enough to go into baby’s mouth… because, as you well know, that’s where they usually end up!
- First of all, try to find baby clothes that are easy to care for. Look for easy-to-wash, quick-to-dry natural fabrics – such as 100% cotton – that will be soft against baby’s skin.
- Check care labels and avoid man-made fabrics that will cause sweating, and delicate fabrics that need a ‘special care’ wash program, or ‘hand washing’.
- Sewn-on decorations such as sequins or beads will be more difficult to care for – and could even be dangerous if they came loose.
Laundering baby clothes:
- Always wash new baby clothes before they are worn to get rid of any impurities that could irritate baby’s skin.
- Wash whites and colours separately, to keep whites white and colours bright.
- Use a wipe, or rinse items under running water, to remove any clumps of food, sick, or poo.
- Soak heavily soiled clothes before machine washing. You can bleach heavily soiled whites, but be sure to wash them really well afterwards to remove residual bleach.
- Use a good quality branded detergent – and try to find a non-bio one that is formulated for delicate skin.
- Use your usual wash cycle. Even a low-temperature wash with a good detergent should clean clothes thoroughly.
- Wash or clean new toys before letting your baby have them, in case of any impurities.
- If the toy is not machine-washable, you may have to wash it in hot soapy water or wipe it using a good cleaning product, then rinse it well with clean water. Be aware that some cleaning products are very strong, and even toxic – so not at all suitable for your purpose. Also avoid products and that are scented.
- Some plastic toys can go in the dishwasher, but check that water – or chemicals – cannot get inside.
- For a quick clean, a baby-wipe will do.
- Battery-operated or electrical toys must never be immersed in water.
- Most soft baby toys are machine washable (check care labels and avoid any that are not). Wash inside a pillowcase if there is any detailing such as embroidery or ribbons.
- Exposure to everyday germs can strengthen baby’s immune system, so you only need to clean toys about once a month – unless they are very dirty or have been handled by another child with an infection of some kind.
Dummies and Teethers:
- Clean and sterilise regularly, no matter how much they are used or handled… or by whom.
- Sterilise in boiling water or use a sterilising solution – following the instructions carefully.
- Avoid buying any that have ribbons or trimmings that cannot be sterilised as above.
More about Baby RecipesAt babyrecipes.org there is lots of very useful information that is right here on our baby recipes website. There are easy to use baby food guides, making baby food and related topics to help you feed your baby with lots of care. There is a wide range of baby food information available to you which will better inform you when it comes to the health and safety of your baby. Learn about what baby food you should introduce to your baby and at what age. Find out more about what the benefits of individual baby food and how they can be good for your baby.
There is a great range of baby recipes for you to choose from. The baby recipes are easy to find and easy to follow with step by step instructions. When cooking food for baby you only want the best naturally. Our baby recipes provides the best food baby will need, full of nutrition and well balanced. Having a baby is an all consuming experience and this baby recipes website has been put together to help parents have a great resource to refer to as a guide or when you want to cook up tasty baby food from one of our baby recipes for your baby.