Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'phunky72'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home2/phunky72/public_html/wp-content/themes/babyrecipes-org/single-article.php on line 128
Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home2/phunky72/public_html/wp-content/themes/babyrecipes-org/single-article.php on line 128
Treating a Scald or Burn to Baby
Your baby’s or child’s skin is far more delicate than yours, more easily damaged by contact with a hot object (causing a burn), or a hot liquid (causing scalding).
The most common cause of scalding to a child is having a hot drink spilled on him or her, or pulling a hot drink from a table – but skin damage from burning or scalding can be caused by many other things, including:
- Open fires
- Irons and kettles
- Cookers, hot saucepans and splashing fats
- Formula milk or foods that are heated in a microwave
- Bath water
- Household bleaches
- Cigarettes, lighters and matches
- Metal seat buckles in hot cars
- The Sun
- Cool the burn as quickly as possible by running cool water over the injured area for at least 10 minutes. A showerhead is helpful, as long as you use low pressure and cool water – and only wet the affected area, not baby’s whole body, because he or she could then suffer from hypothermia, especially if already shocked from the injury.
- Swelling can occur following a burn, so remove any tight clothing swiftly – unless the clothing or material is sticking to the burn
- If an arm or leg is injured, raising it will help to reduce swelling.
- Do not apply anything greasy – butter, baby creams or antiseptic creams for instance.
- Cover the injury with cling film – probably the cleanest and most effective dressing easily available.
- Get medical help – a doctor needs to assess any burn to a baby or child, and a severely burned child needs emergency medical help.
This information presented to you acts as a guide which contains researched information only and is not intended to replace advice from a qualified health professional.
More about Baby RecipesAt babyrecipes.org there is lots of very useful information that is right here on our baby recipes website. There are easy to use baby food guides, making baby food and related topics to help you feed your baby with lots of care. There is a wide range of baby food information available to you which will better inform you when it comes to the health and safety of your baby. Learn about what baby food you should introduce to your baby and at what age. Find out more about what the benefits of individual baby food and how they can be good for your baby.
There is a great range of baby recipes for you to choose from. The baby recipes are easy to find and easy to follow with step by step instructions. When cooking food for baby you only want the best naturally. Our baby recipes provides the best food baby will need, full of nutrition and well balanced. Having a baby is an all consuming experience and this baby recipes website has been put together to help parents have a great resource to refer to as a guide or when you want to cook up tasty baby food from one of our baby recipes for your baby.