Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'phunky72'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home2/phunky72/public_html/wp-content/themes/babyrecipes-org/single-recipes.php on line 128
Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home2/phunky72/public_html/wp-content/themes/babyrecipes-org/single-recipes.php on line 128
Baby Recipes for you
10 minutesCooking time
60 minutesAge group
12 - 36 monthsIngredients
7 Medjool Dates, seeds removed
140g butter, melted
3 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain SPELT flour
3/4 cup self raising Wholemeal flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup dried cranberries (or sultanas)
Preheat oven to 180c and grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
1. Place Bananas and dates into a food processor and blitz on high speed until a fairly smooth consistency is reached.
2. Add eggs and vanilla to banana mixture and blend on medium speed until combined.
3. Add melted butter to the banana mixture and blend on medium speed to combine.
4. Add the flours, baking powder and cinnamon to the banana mixture and blend on medium speed until the dry ingredients are fully combined.
5. Add cranberries or sultanas to the bowl and on low speed, mix them through.
6. Pour the banana bread batter into your prepared loaf tin and place into your oven (180c) and bake for 60 minutes.
7. Check the bread after 60 minutes with a skewer, that it comes out clean - if so, it is ready. If there is still some wet mix on the skewer, bake for a further 5 - 15 mins - checking regularly.
8. Turn out onto a cake rack a cool or serve warm, straight from the oven and ENJOY!!!
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
You can freeze this banana bread in individual slices for your children's lunchbox or freeze the whole loaf to have it on standby for when you have a morning or afternoon tea! Make sure the loaf is completely cool and wrapped tightly with cling film. We like to wrap ours in baking or grease proof paper and then wrap it with cling film. Store for up to 3 months in the freezer. Allow a day to thaw from whole or a couple of hours for a slice to thaw.