Custard Tarts (low sugar)
Baby Recipes for you
20 minutesCooking time
20 minutesAge group
12 - 36 monthsIngredients
1/2 cup of butter
1 tablespoon raw sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup of milk
3/4 cup plain flour
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 Deg C.
2. Combine the flour and butter using a food processor and blend until mixed through. Add in a tablespoon of water as the pastry can get a little dry.
3. Empty the mixture onto your benchtop and combine it all to make one big pastry ball. Wrap with plastic and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Mix together well in a bowl the eggs, vanilla essence and sugar. Then whisk in the milk and set it aside.
5. Get the pastry ball out from the fridge and start to roll out flat using a rolling pin. Dust the benchtop and the top of the pastry with some flour so it doesn't start to stick.
6. Using a round cookie cutter (about 8 cm wide), cut as many circles as you can from the pastry.
7. Put the cut pastry circles into the base of a muffin tray that is slightly smaller than the pastry circles.
8. Pour the mixed eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla into the pastry shells. Do not fill them all the way to the top. 3/4 full should be perfect. Sprinkle the tops with a little ground nutmeg or cinnamon.
9. Bake in oven for 20 minutes until cooked.