Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'phunky72'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home2/phunky72/public_html/wp-content/themes/babyrecipes-org/single-recipes.php on line 128
Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home2/phunky72/public_html/wp-content/themes/babyrecipes-org/single-recipes.php on line 128
Healthy Chocolate Crackles
Baby Recipes for you
10 minutesCooking time
10 minutes to fill cups/patty pansAge group
12 - 36 monthsIngredients
3 cups brown rice puffs
3/4 cup coconut sugar
3/4 cup dessicated coconut
4 tablespoons raw cacao
180g virgin coconut oil (NOT copha!)
2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional - but make for extra crunch and Omega-3's!!)
36 mini patty pans
1. Place all ingredients except for the rice puffs and chia seeds (if using) in a small saucepan.
2. Melt and combine the ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon, over a low heat - we are not wanting to 'cook' here. Once coconut oil is fully melted and mix is nice and shiny and combined, remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl add the rice puffs and chia seeds. Pour the melted coconut/cacao mixture over the rice puffs and stir gently to combine and evenly coat the rice puffs.
4. Place your mini patty pans on a tray and fill with the yummy mixture - don't pile them too high, remember they are for little ones! You can sprinkle with something like "100's & 1000's" if you like.
5. Place the tray of Chocolate Coconut Cups into the fridge to set hard. You can pop them in the freezer to speed up the process.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer only.
It's important to note that as all the ingredients are 'raw' - these treats really need to be served from the fridge for them to be at their absolute BEST! They will be 'stuck together' and have an element of crunch if you do this. When taking with you to a party/picnic, just put them in an insulated bag with an 'ice brick' to keep them chilled. It may sound inconvenient but it is worth it!! Enjoy!