10 – 12 months
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 small eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 cup of fresh wholemeal bread crumbs
1. In a medium sized bowl add in the eggs and beat thoroughly with a fork.
2. Then add to the bowl parsley, quinoa, onions, black pepper, parmesan, garlic and wholemeal bread crumbs.
3. Mix thoroughly using a fork and let it sit to soak up for 3 – 4 minutes.
4. Using your hands, make up small bite sized balls out of the mixture. You should get about 15 portions from the mixture.
5. Using a medium sized non stick pan, heat up the olive oil.
6. When the pan is hot, spoon small balls of the mixture to the pan. Add in as many as you can fit into the pan.
7. Use a spatula to press down the patties to form little flat circles.
8. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
9. Cook only what you need and save the rest of the quinoa snacks for another meal time. They would be fine to freeze and store in snap lock bags.